Last Modified: December 11, 2015
Mirrored Storage Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)
Your services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with the Mirrored Storage Terms of Service.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP shall have the meaning given in the Terms of Service. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to contact us.
You may not use Mirrored Storage’s Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- modify, alter, tamper with, repair or otherwise create derivative works of any Software;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the software used to provide or access the Service, including the Software, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code used to provide or access the Service, except and only to the extent that the applicable law expressly permits doing so;
- remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notice pertaining to the Service;
- access or use the Service in a way intended to improperly avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas;
- use the Service in connection with the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation, communication systems, medical devices, air traffic control devices, real-time control systems or other situations in which the failure of the Service could lead to death, personal injury, or physical property or environmental damage;
- interfere with or disrupt servers or networks used by Mirrored Storage to provide the Service or used by other users' to access the Service, or violate any third party regulations, policies or procedures of such servers or networks or harass or interfere with another user's full use and enjoyment of any Software or the Service;
- access or attempt to access Mirrored Storage's other accounts, computer systems or networks not covered by these Terms, through password mining or any other means;
- cause, in Mirrored Storage's sole discretion, an inordinate burden on the Service or Mirrored Storage's system resources or capacity; or
- share passwords or other access information or devices or otherwise authorize any third party to access or use the Software or the Service.
Excessive Use of System Resources
You may not use your Service in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the Services generally.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a Mirrored Storage system or network or to breach Mirrored Storage’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without Mirrored Storage’s express written consent.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via Mirrored Storage’s Services, network and equipment any content or links to any content that Mirrored Storage reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Mirrored Storage; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against Mirrored Storage by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via Mirrored Storage’s network or equipment includes Web content, email, bulletin board postings, chat and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use Mirrored Storage’s network or Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
It is Mirrored Storage’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat offenders.
You agree that Mirrored Storage may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.